Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Avanced Login Options SP 1.3-1.4 (Read 17244 times)
Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Avanced Login Options SP 1.3-1.4
Apr 10th, 2005 at 3:23am
Print Post  
You can see the mod in action on my SP 1.3.1TestForum
or my SP 1.3.2 TestForum132.
The SP 1.3.2 has only admin can register so use boardmod/boardmod for username/password all lowercase.

Ok, just to familiarize myself with the differant versions I went ahead and made mods for versions SP 1.3, SP 1.3.1, SP 1.3.2, and SP 1.4. Works on them all. Just use the mod file with your version in it. I also added an Admin Only Can Register compatible version for SP 1.3.2 and a MenuItems compatible mod for SP 1.3.1.

My main reason for writing this mod was so that IE would save login names and passwords. I also wanted to be able to put a login box in my template so that it would display at the top of every page until the person logged in and/or log out from there as well. This allows me to then remove the logout, login, and register links from the yabb menu to make room for other links.

I then added addmin options to modify the sharedlogin and main login box. The sharedlogin is what apears at the bottom of the boardindex when your logged out. The main login is the login you get when you click on a login link.

Also added the ability to hide the sharedlogin and to hide the login/logout/register links from the menu since if you use one of the template logins, horizontal or vertical, you no longer need those links since its on your template. These menu options are not on the MI mod version since MI does that already.

If you download this mod and install it, please let me know if it worked or not with a reply to this post. Also what mods you have installed already would be nice to know so I know what its compatible with and what its not compatible.

I'd like to thank Carsten and Michael Prage for thier help getting me started with modding.

Special thanks to AngusCS for all his help testing the OACR compatible mod and all his ideas!

Version History

0.7 beta
- Fixed a bug that prevented guests from logging in without going to the home page. This bug only affected people that didn't allow guests to do anything but login.
- Added a MenuItems compatible mod file. The MI mod already has the ability to remove the logout,login, and register links so I took them out of 0.7 beta MI. Those options remain in the other Advanced Login Options 0.7 beta mods.

0.6 beta
- Fixed a bug with the menu displaying profiles to guests and Notification weather it was on or off.
- Added an option to show the shared login box at the bottom of the board index to guests. By default its hidden.
- Added an option to hide to the login/register/logout links in the menu. By default they are shown.
- Added an option to show the cookie edit box on the main login as a drop down box. By default its hidden.
- Added an option to show the cookie edit box on the shared login as a drop down box. By default its hidden.
- Added an option to hide the stay logged in checkbox on the main login box. By defualt its shown.
- Added an option to hide the stay logged in checkbox on the shared login box. By defualt its shown.
- Reorded the mod file so that files edited apeared in order and the search phrases apeared in the order they are found in the files to make it easier for people who do manual installations.

0.5 beta
- Makes the standard login boxes IE compliant so that IE recognizes it as a Login form by hiding the cookie length box and its description. This also allows you to set your cookie length in the admin panel and then your members won't be able to change it.
- Adds a yabb tag you can use in your template to say weather the person is Logged in or not. Tag: <yabb ferillogin1> (This was mainly for testing purposes, but left it in incase someone wanted to use it. It could be usefull.)
- Adds a yabb tag so that you can put a horizontal login box anywhere on your template simply by placing <yabb ferillogin2> where you want it to apear. When they are logged in, its a logout button. When they are logged out, its a login box with username and password entry, Login button, register link, and lost password link.
- Adds another yabb tag the same as <yabb ferillogin2> except it is a vertical box instead of horizontal. Use it by simply by placing <yabb ferillogin3> where you want it to apear.
- All text is placed in the english.lng file so you can easily edit it.

Features I'm planning on adding?
- Admin Options to control settings.
--- More Customization of the login boxes from admin panel so that you can rearange cells and see how they would appear without making actual changes. Once you have them how you would like, you could save it.
--- Hopefully a Menuitems Mod compatible version.
« Last Edit: Apr 15th, 2005 at 5:37pm by Queen_Feril »  

One should never criticize his own work except in a fresh and hopeful mood.
The self-criticism of a tired mind is suicide.
- Charles Horton Cooley

Quoted that from the YaBB SP 1.3.1 Subs.pl file! Wink
IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Re: Avanced Login Options SP 1.3-1.4
Reply #1 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 9:34am
Print Post  
Firstly, Cool Mod.  The main menu gets cluttered when you start modding, and I like the idea of this one.  So I had a go..

Used BoardMod on a moderately modded SP1.3.2 board.

Step 2.  Conflicts with the "Smart Dates" mod which adds different time formats to AdminEdit.pl.  My code to be replaced is as shown below.
Code
Select All
	my($snfchecked, $fls1, $fls2, $fls3, $utfchecked, $truncchecked, $mts1, $mts2, $mts3, $tsl8, $tsl7, $tsl6, $tsl5, $tsl4, $tsl3, $tsl2, $tsl1); 

Step 12.  Conflicts with "Only Admin Can Register" mod which has already modded this section.  My search for code is this

Code
Select All
	if($username eq 'Guest') { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=login">$img{'login'}</a>~;
		if ($registerbyadminonly eq '0') { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=register">$img{'register'}</a>~; }
	} else {
			if($settings[7] eq 'Administrator') { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=register">$img{'register'}</a>~; }
		$yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a ;
		if($enable_notification) { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=shownotify">$img{'notification'}</a>~; }
		$yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=logout">$img{'logout'}</a>~; 

Which I replaced with this

Code
Select All
	if($username eq 'Guest' && $AdvLoginOption2 != 1) { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=login">$img{'login'}</a>~;
		if ($registerbyadminonly eq '0') { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=register">$img{'register'}</a>~; }
	} else {
			if($settings[7] eq 'Administrator') { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=register">$img{'register'}</a>~; }
		if($enable_notification) { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=shownotify">$img{'notification'}</a>~; }
		if($AdvLoginOption3 != 1) { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=logout">$img{'logout'}</a>~; } 

It would be really good if this could be made compatible with the "Only Admin Can Register" mod as then if this choice is selected the "New User? Signup!" link could be removed by default.

For now it has installed and I have removed the menu links and buttons etc.  It is compatible with "Menu Selections" mod which is good.

My Mods as recorded in BoardMod (I say that because it doesn't actually show I have the "Only AdminCan Register" mod installed) are:

switch_smilies_v11.mod
smart_dates_sp13.mod
Polls_3_SP13.mod
Polls_3_Showcase_SP13.mod
Admin_Color_EnhanceSP1.3_Polls3.mod
reg_fld_prot_uk.mod
yams_403_sp13.mod
extended_profiles_v123_sp13_sp14_YaMS5-compatible.mod
BirthdateDropdownAdvanced.mod
mbc2_sp13fix.mod
amm_sp131_15.mod
adv_memberview_plus_31b_amm.mod
remove_profile_delete_user_buttonSP1_3_1.mod
New_Thread_Notification_MBCO2.mod
yams_403_buddy_addon.mod
SideMenue_english.mod
Goto_Last_Reply.mod
all_sp11.mod
print_who_is_online_v11_sp13_sp14.mod
Menu Selections.mod

YaBB 2.1 - YAMMS - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal Y2 - CPR beta - YaBB 2 Backup Beta - GreetPlus beta Version - RUL Y2 - Skype_VOIP
YaBB 2.2.1 - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal - RUL - Advanced mail Notify - Back to Top - Users Today
IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #2 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 10:08am
Print Post  
More conflict with my board, but probably from my own mods.  I have hidden the profile and notifications buttons from guests as well as the register button.  (Just moved them after the register button in the menu see my code from earlier post).  This works fine with your mod until I hide all of the login and cookie options in the admin center and then the hidden menu choices come back?

Probably becasue it doesn't know about the "Only Admin Can Register" mod?

YaBB 2.1 - YAMMS - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal Y2 - CPR beta - YaBB 2 Backup Beta - GreetPlus beta Version - RUL Y2 - Skype_VOIP
YaBB 2.2.1 - Extended Profiles - Quick Reply Box - EventCal - RUL - Advanced mail Notify - Back to Top - Users Today
IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #3 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 10:25am
Print Post  
Ok, I fixed the step 2 problem, for all versions of yabb, by searching for a yabb comment instead of code. I doubt a mod will edit a standard yabb comment.

As for the admin only mod. I'm looking for it now, I'll have to install it and see whats going on since I've never used it before.

I've updated the zip file in the first post.

- Charles Horton Cooley

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #4 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 11:16am
Print Post  
The Only Admin Can Register Mod (By Michael) for SP1.3.2 is here http://www.boardmod.org/mods.php?dl=673&filename=only_admin_can_register_v12a_sp...

For your 1.3.1 test board you may need this http://www.boardmod.org/mods.php?dl=631&filename=only_admin_can_register_131.mod

I found them all by searching on <only admin> in the mods section.  (They are all final mods not beta).

Okay I remember the change I made in subs.pl (which I was so embarassed about I removed from the first post I made)  It was to add a button to take me to the buddy list  in the AMM addin which I have installed.  My actual subs.pl code for that section is

Code
Select All
	if ($defaultml == 0) { $mldefault = "mlall"; }
	elsif ($defaultml == 1) { $mldefault = "mlpost"; }
	elsif ($defaultml == 2) { $mldefault = "mlalfa"; }
	elsif ($defaultml == 3) { $mldefault = "mlgrp"; }

$yymenu = qq~<a href="$scripturl">$img{'home'}</a>$menusep<a href="$helpfile" target="_blank" style="cursor:help;">$img{'help'}</a>~;
	if ($maxsearchdisplay >=0){
		$yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=search">$img{'search'}</a>~;
	}
	$yymenu .=qq~</a>$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=$mldefault">$img{'memberlist'}</a>~;
	chomp $newcalgroup;
	@newcalgrouplist = split(",",$newcalgroup);
	$newcalgroupflag = 0;
	foreach $newcalgroupitem (@newcalgrouplist) {
		if ($settings[7] eq $newcalgroupitem) { $newcalgroupflag = 1; }
	}
	if ($newcalopen == 1 || $settings[7] eq 'Administrator' || $newcalgroupflag == 1 ) {
		$yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=newcalendar">$img{'newcalendar'}</a>~;
	}
	if($settings[7] eq 'Administrator') { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=admin">$img{'admin'}</a>~; }
	if($settings[7] eq 'Global Moderator' && $allow_mod == 1) { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=moderate">$img{'admin'}</a>~; }
	if($username eq 'Guest') { $yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=login">$img{'login'}</a>~;
	} else {
	### My attempt at adding the buddy list into the menu ###
	$yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=mlbuddy">$img{'abudlist'}</a>~;
	### End of my attempt
		$yymenu .= qq~$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=logout">$img{'logout'}</a>~;

The space in the word profile from my first post must have been a problem in the matrix as it doesn't actually exist in my code.

So from the above the Global Moderator mod in AMM and NewCalendar have modded this as well as me.  I wanted the buddy image only to show up for members and that works.

Cheers

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #5 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Okay it is the "Hide the Login and Register links in the guest menu." option in the admin centre.  If I select that it must be in conflict with the "Only Admin Can Register" mod because that has already hidden the register button.  Selecting this option has then added the other member only buttons "profile", "buddylist" and "notifications" back in.  (I will IM you my site url so you can have a look - if you really want?).

If I dont check that box there is no conflict, the three buttons don't show up but there is a login button on the guest menu. (Can't have everything!)

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #6 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 12:22pm
Print Post  
Now I would like a change?  I like the fact that the logout button sits out on thw right as it shows up, but I would like to align all the login components (username and password fields, login button, and the two links signup and forgot password) to the left. 

I have played with your code in subs.pl, but have really only managed to get the logout buton to move.  I am really only guessing so my guesses are obviously not so good tonight.

By the way when you have had a look at my site I will uncheck the "Hide the Login and Register links in the guest menu" as I don't really want the extra links in the menu.

IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #7 - Apr 10th, 2005 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
I've seen your site and have it in my favorites. Just out of curiousity, did you try using the <yabb ferillogin3> tag instead? Its a vertical login and I thought it looked really good on my yabb 1.3.2 test forum. You can see it here.

The login boxes are set up in thier own table. the horizontal login (tag 2) is 1 row 3 cells, so short of rewriting the whole table in the subs your not going to achieve much. Did it that way so people could position around there template easily using thier own tables and divisions and they would still be uniform. I had planned on making an admin page just for Advanced Login Options and adding in a graphic interface to rearange the tag tables in any way you want but haven't got that far.

I could help you if I understood more what you meant and I just might understand if I wasn't so tired.
« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2005 at 12:36am by Queen_Feril »  

Removed-lookinfirstpost.txt ( 0 KB | Downloads )

- Charles Horton Cooley

IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #8 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 12:29am
Print Post  
In reply to reply #5, I've updated the OCAR compatible mod so it works flawlessly now and placed it in the zip attached to the first post. For some reason it wasn't evaluating the if-then-else statement, so I just rewrote each line as its own if. Also added in a feature to display a register button for addmins.

If nothing else grab the new zip and see and how did each if. This way it checks both OACR and ALO options and reacts accordingly.

- Charles Horton Cooley

IP Logged

TheSkier

Reply #9 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 1:22am
Print Post  
very nice hack, Queen_Feril! Wink
please see how it can be used in upper left corner of forum layout Smiley
(that was <yabb ferillogin3> tag)

my_layout.jpg ( 22 KB | Downloads )
my_layout.jpg
IP Logged

Queen_Feril

Mods Drive Me CRAZY!

Reply #10 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 3:42am
Print Post  
Ya looks good there Skier and thanks. Hopefully you noticed that guests can see the profile and notification menu options. Its a bug that I have now fixed and attached the updated files to the first post. Unistall your current mod and then download the new zip file and install the proper mod file.

Sorry about that, I only fixed that bug in OACR mod file since I thought the bug was specific to that mod. Turns out, it was my fault. Sad

- Charles Horton Cooley

IP Logged

TheSkier

Reply #11 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 4:28am
Print Post  
just tested the new one - looks even better! but Members link still visible for guests, is it bug or feature? Wink

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #12 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Brilliant.  The OACR 1.3.2 mod goes in like a dream, and does all that it should.   But in the nature of Beta testing, I have a couple more things to offer.

As I am using OACR, and I have selected that only Admin can register, the <New User? Signup!> link has been removed, and so the username field has now dropped out of alignment with the password field.  I have tried playing with the valign in subs.pl, but to no avail.  Can you add in a space instead of the link so that the fields stay in alignment?  Have a look on my forum at the guest login screen to see what I mean.

The other thing I have noticed is that you have removed all the other ways of logging in (or I have in the admin centre,) but you still have in the guests welcome mesage "Welcome Guest please login" which if they select that link brings up the shared login screen.  Can you add another option into the admin centre for all versions to hide the login link in the guest welcome mesage too??

Personally I don't like the New User? Signup! button that you have added in for the OACR version for admins.  I still have the register menu item and that is all I need.

Cheers Gus

IP Logged

AngusCS

Great Scott! It'll end
in tears!

Reply #13 - Apr 11th, 2005 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
@TheSkier

Showing the MemberList is a feature, but having looked at how the Queen has implemented the if statements I edited the following in my Subs.pl:

<search for>
Code
Select All
	$yymenu .=qq~</a>$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=$mldefault">$img{'memberlist'}</a>~; 

</search for>

<replace>
Code
Select All
	if($username ne 'Guest') { $yymenu .=qq~</a>$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=$mldefault">$img{'memberlist'}</a>~; }

</replace>

It is now gone...

Edited:
  Of course if you have YAMS and you have the allow guests to see memberlist check box ticked then this will hide the button and guests will never see the list.  But as you asked the question you are probably like me and don't want guests to see who yr members are?

@Queen_Feril

Thanks for the pointers re if ststements.  I could see what you had done, and I have now made my buddylist button appear and disappear in the same fashion I showed above.  It has also moved outside your changes so I don't have to make the manual mod I was making to your mod to get it to run each time.  

Cheers Gus

« Last Edit: Apr 11th, 2005 at 1:59pm by AngusCS »  

IP Logged

TheSkier

Reply #14 - Apr 12th, 2005 at 9:32am
Print Post  
thanks for the hint, AngusCS!
i've inserted one step to the original mod as below:
Code
Select All
<edit file>
Sources/Subs.pl
</edit file>

<search for>
	$yymenu = qq~<a href="$scripturl">$img{'home'}</a>$menusep<a href="$helpfile" target="_blank" style="cursor:help;">$img{'help'}</a>$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=search">$img{'search'}</a>$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=mlall">$img{'memberlist'}</a>~;
</search for>

<replace>
	if($username eq 'Guest' && $AdvLoginOption2 == 1) { $yymenu = qq~<a href="$scripturl">$img{'home'}</a>$menusep<a href="$helpfile" target="_blank" style="cursor:help;">$img{'help'}</a>$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=search">$img{'search'}</a>~;
	} else {
	$yymenu = qq~<a href="$scripturl">$img{'home'}</a>$menusep<a href="$helpfile" target="_blank" style="cursor:help;">$img{'help'}</a>$menusep<a href="$cgi;action=search">$img{'search'}</a>$menusep<a href="$scripturl?action=mlall">$img{'memberlist'}</a>~;
	}
</replace>

and, of course, had to change $feriltxt{'12'} as well:
Code
Select All
$feriltxt{'12'} = "Hide the Login, Register and Members links for guests."; 

Queen_Feril, please, forgive me! Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint