Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic image in titlebar and background ? (Read 1119 times)
Aditude

image in titlebar and background ?
Jun 24th, 2004 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
hi , this is abt my yabb forum.
Below is a part of colors section of Settings.pl

$color{'titlebg'} = "#6E94B7";                                        # Background color of the 'title-bar'
$color{'titletext'} = "#FFFFFF";                                      # Color of text in the 'title-bar' (above each 'window')
$color{'windowbg'} = "#AFC6DB";                                       # Background color for messages/forms etc.
$color{'windowbg2'} = "#F8F8F8";                                      # Background color for messages/forms etc.
$color{'windowbg3'} = "#6394BD";                                      # Color of horizontal rules in posts
$color{'catbg'} = "#DEE7EF";                                          # Background color for category (at Board Index)
$color{'bordercolor'} = "#6394BD";                                    # Table Border color for some tables
$color{'fadertext'}  = "#D4AD00";                                     # Color of text in the NewsFader (news color)

now for eg. what i want to know is how to get a image in the background or the titlebar instead of a simple color(like boardmod).

Thanks in advance Smiley

IP Logged

Curtiss Grymala
God Member

YaBB?... Y Not?

Re: image in titlebar and background ?
Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2004 at 12:48pm
Print Post  
I believe you actually need to edit template.html instead of trying to edit Settings.pl.  You will, AFAIK, need to edit the actual HTML area within template.html (I don't know of any way to include images with CSS; someone please correct me if I am wrong).

Currently using Y2.3 With no mods (though that will hopefully change, soon).

Click Here To See A List Of All The Mods I've Written
IP Logged

Dam Yankee
God Member

Reply #2 - Jun 24th, 2004 at 1:17pm
Print Post  
Curtiss, you are correct.  The changes need to be made in the CSS portion of the template.  For example:

Code
Select All
.titlebg   {background-color: #ffffff; background-image: url(http://www.yourserver.com/pathto/image.gif);} 

IP Logged

Aditya

Reply #3 - Jun 26th, 2004 at 2:32am
Print Post  
does that mean that if dont edit the settings.pl and let the colors stay and edit only the css part of it ,, it will work ??

IP Logged

Dam Yankee
God Member

Reply #4 - Jun 26th, 2004 at 4:26am
Print Post  
Yes, it does.  The colors that are in the Settings.pl are only for browsers with non-CSS support.

FYI, once you have uploaded your forum, you will be able to change those colors (the ones in your Settings.pl)  from the comfort of your admin center, under forum preferences and settings.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint