Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) MOD UPDATES FOR SP1.3 REMARKS (Read 18839 times)
TopHouse

The Top House

Re: MOD UPDATES FOR SP1.3 REMARKS
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2003 at 9:16pm
Print Post  
Not always the case though Ron, the Advanced Instant Message mod was a prime example, no sound pack in the zip, and not anywhere on the board when I first got it, had to contact the author who sent a message saying it had previously been uploaded and to do a search, it wasnt on the site anywhere, either expired or removed, so another posting to author to request it. This would all have been saved if the soundpack had been added to the zip. Incedentaly, I have since seen other postings requesting the soundpack.

Like I said in the original post, some modders always add to the zip, yourself included, but there are a few who don't, both in beta and final.

IP Logged

Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a
board, it's an OBSESSION!

Reply #16 - May 2nd, 2003 at 10:13pm
Print Post  
About the sound pack - I too had seen the many messages concerning it, so I submitted to the mod database my sound pack add on for Advanced IM Box and IM'ed Docda S asking him to modify the mod file to reflect that / link to it. Unfortunately, it hasn't been added to the mod base, so there is nothing to link to.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Christer Alexander
God Member

Make my day...

Reply #17 - May 10th, 2003 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Seawolf - email it again. We had a few problems with the mod base(I wasn't added), so e-mail it again and we'll upload it Smiley

Code
Select All
unless(0) { stab("LoonyPandora"); next; } 

IP Logged

WhiteSnakerr

I prefer Windows...

Re: Propose New Mods Rule
Reply #18 - Jul 1st, 2003 at 12:10am
Print Post  
TopHouse wrote on Apr 15th, 2003 at 9:46am:
Can I propose a new rule to be added to the modding boards? Something I have had happen is where I see a mod in say the completed 1.3 mods board, I download it and it doesn't work, I add a posting in the thread and am told I 'need a couple of .pl files from the 1.1 version' I'm sure others have found this. Or a mod posted where it says, "you also need to download the previous version zip for the graphics files"

Can it not be made a rule that mods are posted COMPLETE!  others must have had the same problems as above, having to trawl around for extra files, the time spent in answering support questions from people looking for the extra files would have been saved if the mod writer posted a complete mod file. It just seems lazy to me. Anyone else agree?

regards,

Dion

I totally agree!  :furious:

70 mods installed on my SP1.3.1 on a Microsoft .NET - Microsoft-IIS/5.0 server.
IP Logged

Christer Alexander
God Member

Make my day...

Reply #19 - Jul 4th, 2003 at 11:09am
Print Post  
Well, we can't really make that a rule for the boards, but I'll see what I can do.. Wink

Code
Select All
unless(0) { stab("LoonyPandora"); next; } 

IP Logged

Mark_Question

Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2003 at 11:30pm
Print Post  
get a sticky topic with ALL finished mods for SP 1.3.1 that would come in handy !!! thanks.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint