Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Can this be done? Experienced coder needed.. (Read 1152 times)
aboutBeanies

Love Beanies!

Can this be done? Experienced coder needed..
Dec 15th, 2002 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Hi! I have this idea of something I want to make avaliable on my website but I have no idea where to start or if this can even be done, so I well throw it out and if you think it sounds possible and can do it or know someone who can please contact me.

My messageboard members are really into graphics and having custom made signatures and they like changing them all the time. Well I am always asked to make people them, this takes up a lot of time.

I would love to have something that lets people create there own from my website. Like there would be a list of catagories that you could select from and it would show you images from that catagory that you could add to your signature, they would be able to select several images and put them all together , maybe like a drag and drop into a box on the side and design their own signature and add some text to it, and press a button 'CREATE' and it does its thing and creates the gif or jpg of their design for them to save...I want something that I can easly add catagories of images to, easy for non computer smart users to use.

Let me know if this sounds at all possible! I would be willing to pay for someone to create this.

Our server runs linux, perl/cgi mySQL ok, no PHP though.

If you want more details of what I have in mind please feel free to email me! bonkers@aboutbeanies.com also if you have an idea of how much a script like this would cost let me know! My site is totally commercial free and done as a hobby so I make no money from it, and also wouldnt require that the program solely be used for me, so you could use it else where too. I have 600+ unique visitors daily, this would be a great addition!

Maybe I am just dreaming though! heheh Smiley

thanx for reading!
-Marie

IP Logged

Administrator
Forum Administrator

Yummm

Re: Can this be done? Experienced coder needed..
Reply #1 - Dec 15th, 2002 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
So you're looking for some kind of custom banner generator for your forum? I don't know, it would be a lot simpler using an external program for this...

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Karl

just using YaBB Gold!

Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2002 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
not easy....

I couldn't do it  Wink

All hail YaBB!
All hail to the mod coders!
Thou shalt get kings!
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

alexik

gone with the wind

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2002 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Easiest way would be to give them links to sites where they create their own banners and stuff.
Like http://www.animationonline.com/
Try e.g. searching with google with "make your own banner" and you'll get plenty of results that should do it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint