Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [Done] Advanced System eMails Mod (Read 33713 times)
Pyrrhon

[Done] Advanced System eMails Mod
Aug 6th, 2002 at 9:24am
Print Post  

The idea is to make a mod which allows to template all system emails and which adds some system emails.

Here the features:
  • fully editable with control center
  • possibility to template the post notification emails with many different tags,
  • possibility to template the the instant message notification emails with many different tags,
  • possibility to template the register welcome emails with many different tags,
  • possibility to template the register password emails with many different tags,
  • possibility to template the password reminder emails with many different tags,
  • possibility to template the profile change emails with many different tags,
  • possibility to template the send topic emails with many different tags,
  • possibility to template the admin emails with some different tags,
  • new hacker warning emails with many different tags,
  • added new member notification emails with many different tags,
  • new junior member gratulation emails, full member gratulation emails, senior member gratulation emails and god member gratulation emails with many different tags,
  • new emails for deletions of members by members or admins with many different tags
  • random quotes mod is fully supported

To see the eMail Control center and to get an overview about the tags look at

of this mod (of course with my own template).

Compatibility Issues:

• If you have installed Notify Plus, take the compatible variant of this mod. Post notification emails then not will be supported by this mod because they are supported by Notify Plus itself.
  • If you like to install the InstantMessage Box, do it before you install Advanced System eMails Mod
  • If you like to install  Notify Once 1.0 do it before you install Advanced System eMails Mod
  • If you have the New Member Notification Mod by Gekko deinstall it. All what this mod makes is one of the features of Advanced System Emails.
  • If you have the Personal Mail Footer mod by Mac deinstall it. All what this mod makes is one of the features of Advanced System Emails.
  • If you have the Add Referal Link to Welcome E-mail mod by Scott deinstall it. All what this mod makes is one of the features of Advanced System Emails.
  • If you have the Boardlink in Mail Mod by Mac deinstall it. All what this mod makes is one of the features of Advanced System eMails
  • If you have the Deleted Member email mod by Sonic deinstall it. All what this mod makes is one of the features of Advanced System emails
  • If you have the Edit Welcome Email by The Big Cheese deinstall it. All what this mod makes is one of the features of Advanced System emails
  • This mod is compatible with Advanced Registration Options, but not with EMARO

Installation:
  • apply mod
  • upload advemails.txt to your variable directory
  • upload YaBB.pl and english.lng to your YaBB directory
  • upload Admin.pl, AdminEdit.pl, InstantMessage.pl, LogInOut.pl, Post.pl, Profile.pl, Register.pl, SendTopics.pl and Subs.pl to your sources directory
  • if you like quotes or sayings: upload a file quotes.txt to your variable direction with one quote or saying per line (not necessary)
  • to make the file quotes.txt editable via control center upload random quotes mod (not necessary)

Quote feature:

The following installations are not neccessare. The mod works also without this, but then the [quote]-tag is not available in your system emails.
  • if you like quotes, sayings or changing advertisments in your emails: upload a file quotes.txt to your variable direction with one quote, saying or advertisment per line
  • if you like you can make the file quotes.txt editable via control center. For that upload random quotes mod  2.(This mod is made by Demon Slyer. (A variation of this mod which is compatible with language modifications you find at my modpage).
  • if you use the quote mod only for system emails and not the <yabb quote>-tag in your template you can increase the speed of your message board if you after the random quote mod apply  my No YaBB Code Mod (You get it at my modpage).

Comments are welcome.

Uwe
« Last Edit: Oct 1st, 2002 at 11:12am by Pyrrhon »  
IP Logged

Jake
God Member

Re: [Beta] Advanced System eMails Mod
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2002 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Does it work fine with
  • Notify Plus2.21
  • Advanced Instance Message 1or2
  • Advanced Member View3.01

thanx Grin

IP Logged

Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a
board, it's an OBSESSION!

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2002 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Just a note that I found out the hard way - this mod is too big to install automatically with BoardMod 2.5.

Going to download the newest beta of BoardMod now and will let you know what I find on my installs.

@||ooXoo||
There's a patch mod for Notify Plus included in the zip. I have versions of those other two mods on my modded board and will find out how compatible shortly Smiley

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2002 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Scratch my note about being too big to install with BM2.5

On trying to install with BM2.5 and 2.5.1b3, I get the following error messages.

Error Code 9: This mod seems to be incomplete, there is a </search for> tag missing.

It really throws BM2.5 for a loop (constant flashing of the hourglass).

Tried downloading the mod again thinking that I may have corrupted the file on download but that didn't change anything. Opened the mod file with an editor to see if I could quickly find the problem, but I didn't see it.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

BHRA Webmaster
God Member

Mod Author of the Year

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2002 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
Advanced Memberview Plus doesn't use a template to send out a "standard" email, instead it has a box for you to type in your own message. Sending emails from Memberview is an addition feature, so there shouldn't be any problems with this mod...

World Domination, one smiley at a time!

IP Logged

Pyrrhon

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2002 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
As Seawolf wrote there is an own version for Notify plus. The only difference is that the modification of post notification eMails is not used by Advanced System eMails Mod, because Notifiy plus makes its own changes. Please use for Notify Plus the actual mod in the first post of this thread, because I have fixed a very little display problem.

With Advanced Member view there is no problem. The eMails from Advanced Memberview are not touched by Advanced System eMails Mod. It would be possible to add some more tags to the Advanced Member View Mod and to upgrade it in this point ([mbname], [mburl], [date], [quote]...), I will discuss that elsewhere.

Also the Advanced Instant Messagea Box 1.1. has no problems. The only thing is, that you must install this mod before you install Advanced System eMails, because Advanced Instant Messages overwrites somewhat ruthless InstantMessages.pl and the instant message notification emails woul not longer be touched by Advanced System eMails mod. (But the rest would work).

The Advanced Instant Message Box 2 I have never seen. So I have no hints to the compatibility.

Uwe

IP Logged

Pyrrhon

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2002 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
darn , I have in this mod always written </search> instead of </search for>.

I do not use boardmod because I haven't standard path names. I always change it by hand. So this failure was born. Now it should work with boardmod.

Uwe

IP Logged

EliteRides
God Member

EliteRides.com !

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2002 at 5:36pm
Print Post  
Looks great, I'll be following up on others' beta comments.  I will install it when I get a chance and let you know.

ElietRides.com

Nice cars and just a bunch of hotties...  Grin
IP Logged

Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a

Reply #8 - Aug 8th, 2002 at 10:50pm
Print Post  
Downloaded the new beta and applied with BM2.5 beautifully, no errors.

Placed my Board in Admin mode prior to uploading files (normally do so when applying mods, especially those that affect yabb.pl and adminedit.pl).

Uploaded all 12 files to the right place in ascii. telnetted in and chmodded advemails.txt to 666

Went into admin menu and clicked the E-Mail control center link and got the following error message:
Untrapped Error:
Undefined subroutine &main::EmailControlCenter called at /home/webpages/webappeal/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl line 274.

Went into forum prefs and settings and tried to come out of admin menu and board bombed with a 500 error as soon as I clicked the save.

Restored the board to pre-mod condition (including uploading Settings.pl which was critical - would not come back without it). I still have the modded files if you need to take a look at them.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Pyrrhon

Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2002 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Hi Seawolf,

I'm not sure what happens on your board. The Settings.pl is not touched by the Advanced eMail Mod. But it is touched if you save "Prefs and Settings". The eMail mod itself writes only one file the advemails.txt and this only via the eMail control center where you wasn't.  So with respect to the Advanced System eMails Mod a new upload of Settings.pl can't be necessary to restore your message board.

Moreover your 500-failure was born when you was calling a subroutine in AdminEdit.pl and not in Settings.pl.

If you get that EmailControllCenter is not found it is probable that you forgot to upload AdminEdit.pl or that there is a syntax failure in AdminEdit.pl. Otherwise you should get another failure message. I can't found a syntax error in the part of the Advanced System eMails Mod in AdminEdit.pl. It works fine on my board.

The "Save"-button in your pref settings calls as well as the attemt to go in the eMail Control Center the AdminEdit.pl. So I guess that there is an syntax failure in your AdminEdit.pl before you modded it. Such a failure could explain that you had to upload your Settings.pl to restore the board. Please use a working AdminEdit.pl before you make the Advanced System eMails Mod.

I hope the mod will then working on your computer.

Uwe

IP Logged

Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a

Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2002 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
I found the problem - You are looking for a 1; when inserting the code into AdminEdit.pl. This is a bad idea when modifying AdminEdit.pl since I have two "1;"'s in that file. The Settings.pl is incorporated into AdminEdit.pl and is terminated by
1;
EOF

Look at sub ModifySettings2 on a clean SP1.1 AdminEdit.pl to see what I mean.

It would be better to insert the mod before sub GetBoardURL { or sub ModifySettings {
because you are changing Settings.pl by placing the code for the mod at it's current location.

(Edit) It also explains the untrapped error - it can't see the Email control center subroutine because ModifySettings2 doesn't end for a couple of more lines and in effect you are placing this subroutine inside of sub ModifySettings2 (End edit)

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a

Reply #11 - Aug 10th, 2002 at 2:23am
Print Post  
Modified the mod file so it will install on an SP1.1 board without affecting sub ModifySettings2. No code was changed - I just changed the insertion point of the mod in AdminEdit.pl. Mod file attached to this message. Do with it as you like.

Installed to my board cleanly and no problems now either with the E-Mail control center or coming out of maintenance mode.

I'm sure I'm going to have some questions about this mod - it's very comprehensive and I can see that you put a lot of work into this mod. Just soaking in all the options now and just have to say Whew! Smiley

Oops - forgot to mention that this is only the non Notify Plus mod that is attached to this message.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Pyrrhon

Reply #12 - Aug 10th, 2002 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Tnank you Seawolf,

I have updated both versions of the mod (In the first message of this thread).

Uwe

IP Logged

Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a

Reply #13 - Aug 10th, 2002 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
Glad to be of help. Smiley

A question about the mod:

In the Hacker Warning eMail - what exactly triggers that e-mail to be sent? Is that a too many password failures type of thing?

I answered my own question about admin e-mails when I went to the Email members section of the admin menu - very nicely done and I like it a lot.

I'm going to test some of these emails today and see how they come out.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Pyrrhon

Reply #14 - Aug 10th, 2002 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
The hacker warning emails in the moment will be sent if somebody inputs an username of an admin and a false password into the login field. In this case there will be sent this email to the admin whos name is used. He will know whether it was his own failure or must be a hacking attempt. You can configure the hacker warning email so that the admin gets the used false password in hacker warning emails to make it easier to verify whether it was his own failure or an attempt to hack an admin password.

Uwe

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint