Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic $settofield variable in Post.pl (Read 646 times)
Seawolf

YaBB - it's not just a
board, it's an OBSESSION!

$settofield variable in Post.pl
Jun 13th, 2002 at 3:08am
Print Post  
Hi.

I'm having some problems modifying the Spellchecker mod to work with Sp1.1 boards that have been heavily modded and to allow for Guest posting with spell checking.

The Spellchecker javscript file runs the function DoSpell(formname, messagebody) and I'm calling it from Post.pl in a button when clicked passes DoSpell('postmodify', 'message').

Here's the trick - if the user is logged in and it's a clean install of YaBB - the message parameter gets passed. If the user is a Guest and I view the source - I see that the $settofield variable is set to Name - thus nothing is passed in the 'message' area and the script fails because of the Null value. Same thing occurs on heavily modded boards (Notify Plus comes to mind - it adds a lot of $settofield=)

My question is - how do I manipulate the $settofield variable to pass the 'message' every time at this spot? I've tried breaking out of the HTML and put in $settofield="message"; and then restarting the HTML to no effect. I'm afraid I don't know the flow of Post.pl well enough to cure this problem, and any help would be gladly accepted.

ICQYIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint