Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [DONE] Collapsable YaBB Front End (Read 29670 times)
Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Re: [DONE] Collapsable YaBB Front End
Reply #60 - Sep 25th, 2002 at 8:12am
Print Post  
snYpir wrote on Aug 11th, 2002 at 7:35am:
I have started using YaBB SE and will be making a version of this mod for SE soonish. Unless there is huge demand for a change to this mod I now consider it final.

SnYpir, you might want to look around on www.yabb.info first as this mod is already out for SE (at least for 6 month)
It's running on www.yabb.nl for at least that time.
Thanks for a great mod.

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

kb

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Reply #61 - Sep 27th, 2002 at 8:33pm
Print Post  
Snypir,
In this code you have this tag <a name="$curcat">.  What is its purpose other then to give the link a name?  Is it referenced by something else?  It is causing me style problems because of its location and the fact that it doesn't have a closing tag - </a>.  I removed it and didn't notice any issues at the time, but if it is used in some way I don't want to foul things up. Thanks!!
Code
Select All
$yymain .= qq~<td colspan="5" class="catbg" bgcolor="$color{'catbg'}" height="18"><a name="$curcat"><font size=2>« $new $caticon<a href=$cgi&action=collapse_cat&cat=$catcount><b>$catname{$curcat}</b></a> »</font></td>~;
	}
	else {
		$yymain .= qq~<td colspan="5" class="catbg" bgcolor="$color{'catbg'}" height="18"><a name="$curcat"><font size=2>« $caticon<b>$catname{$curcat}</b> »</font></td>~;

IP Logged

bordeglobal
God Member

Only the Best Posters
Survive!

Reply #62 - Dec 17th, 2002 at 5:30am
Print Post  
Hi did you ever work on an option to decide which categories would be expanded and which would not?
Great mod by the way!

IP Logged

snYpir

Yo' all

Reply #63 - Dec 22nd, 2002 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Quote:
In this code you have this tag <a name="$curcat">.  What is its purpose other then to give the link a name?

No purpose, NFI why i put that in there. I made this mod a long, long time ago now Wink

Quote:
SnYpir, you might want to look around on www.yabb.info first as this mod is already out for SE (at least for 6 month)

Yeah I know, found out too late after i already made the mod. Once we converted our site to Yabb SE I stopped using YaBB SP 1.1 totally, hence no more mods from me on this board.

cheers dudes!

IP Logged

Spikecity
God Member

Beer anyone ?

Reply #64 - Dec 23rd, 2002 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
snYpir wrote on Dec 22nd, 2002 at 10:26am:
Yeah I know, found out too late after i already made the mod. Once we converted our site to Yabb SE I stopped using YaBB SP 1.1 totally, hence no more mods from me on this board.

Too bad, as this mod was very nice Grin
But I think SE can still use good mod writers too to enhance it to the same level SP1.1 can now be enhanced to Wink

Nothing to add here Smiley

IP Logged

xtremecruiser

Re: [BETA] Collapsable YaBB Front End
Reply #65 - Jan 18th, 2003 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Where can I find this updated mod ?
snYpir wrote on Apr 19th, 2002 at 6:49am:
below is a link to version 1.1 B+C OPTS, which in short will work with the more board and category options mod by cae.

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/snYpir/collapsable_frontend_b+c_opts.mod

of couse cae's mod must be installed first Wink

i just installed both on a test board and it works with no conflicts... i think. board/category icons work fine, as do board passwords.

the two mods install in a very tight space actually Roll Eyes

with regards to the icon for unread threads in a category - i assume you mean a 'new threads' icon at the category level, so if there are unread threads then if the cat is collapsed then the member will know about the unread threads.

yes, it is possible. it shouldn't be that hard.

if i get a chance this weekend, i'll look at it. sounds like a great idea.

please let me know if this b + c opts version installs and works ok on your board Undecided

IP Logged

FinTeemu

Reply #66 - Nov 21st, 2004 at 1:06am
Print Post  
Anyone got this to work on SP1.3(.2)...?

It was easy to change the mod to install on SP1.3.2, but it's not working like it should. It creates the .cat file with all 1's on it and if I change any of them from the file to 0, the appropriate board collapses like it should. But the collapse/expand links on the page don't work...

Edit: Nevermind...it was conflicting with another mod Embarrassed Works just fine now!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 
Send TopicPrint