Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) [DONE] Collapsable YaBB Front End (Read 29677 times)
snYpir

Yo' all

[DONE] Collapsable YaBB Front End
Apr 18th, 2002 at 1:16pm
Print Post  
Collapsable YaBB Front End

Download

Download the mod here. The pic in the zip is a screenshot and doesn't need to go to YaBB images! Please ignore the attached file.

About

This mod allows members to compress their board index to show only those categories that they are interested in. Screenshot.

Features

* The 'new message' and 'no new messages' icon is used when categories are compressed to give an indication of whether or not the collapsed category contains new messages.

* Collapsed category details are saved in a small file for each member, meaning that the collapsed settings are 'permenant' for each member (ie no cookies).

Versions

1.3 - To be used on a board with essentilly a 'normal' boardindex.pl file

1.3 B+C OPTS - To be used if you have installed the 'More Board and Category Options' mod by cae.

1.3 CELLHOVER 1.1 ADDON - Install this with boardmod after installing 1.3 if you use the Cellhover 1.1 addon. Addon by Mac. Cheers dude!

Compatibility

Both versions work fine with the advanced IM mod and global moderators. More Board and Category Options version included. An addon for use with Cellhover 1.1 is included also.

History

1.3 (B+C OPTS) - files made by the mod are deleted as they should be

1.2 (B+C OPTS) - added icon showing if there are new posts in a category - only displays when cat is collapsed

1.2 (B+C OPTS) - categories defualt to expanded when .cat file is modified

1.1 B+C OPTS - No conflict error will occur during install when this mod is installed after the 'more board + category options' mod by cae.

1.1 - Removed code that upgrades old .cat files

Installation

Use boardmod to install either version 1.3 or 1.3 B+C OPTS. Then install the CELLHOVER 1.1 ADDON if you need to. Upload modified files to your server.

Comments

Please make comments or suggestions! I have already sent this verison to the database, but if any bugs come up, i'll fix them and re-send. Wink
« Last Edit: Aug 11th, 2002 at 7:31am by snYpir »  

collapsable_frontend.mod ( 7 KB | 146 Downloads )
IP Logged

snYpir

Yo' all

Re: [BETA] Collapsable YaBB Front End
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
If you want u can check out a picture of what the collapsable front end mod does to the board index here:

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/snYpir/collapse.jpg

---------------------------

i also took a screenshot of the mod i'll put into boardmod format next, called the 'Member Group Pictures' mod, which you can use to automatically give members a certain picture depending on what member group they belong to.

each member can turn the picture on/off if they wish... we use it to make people feel special and stuff like that. the screen where you assign the pictures looks like this:

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/snYpir/pics.jpg

8)

oh yeah and u don't have to give a group a picture if you don't want...

but who cares! comments on the collapsable front end mod?

IP Logged

huijaa

I'm loving YaBB GOLD 2
and MORE!

Reply #2 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
at last!
my forum gets bigger and bigger...

WorkBar Mod...Planning[0.5%]
Dutch Mod...Planning[99.5%]

IP Logged

Michael
God Member

Recursion \Re*cur"sion\,
n. - See recursion.

Reply #3 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Very cool, one of the things I've been "meaning to do" for awhile now Tongue

~ Michael ~
-------------
The MikeCam
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
IP Logged

DanX vs SoNiC
God Member

TOTTENHAM HOTSPURS FOREVER!!!

Reply #4 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Isn't this an updated version of expandable yabb ???

Email "The User Formally Known As Sonic : mail@danscotson.co.uk

IP Logged

snYpir

Yo' all

Reply #5 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
nope... expandable yabb wasn't really an expandable yabb - at least not the mod i had.

did u check the mod before your post? Wink

expandable yabb compressed the entire category listing, and when you clicked on a category that entire category was loaded (seperate from all the other categories) it was because of the limitations with the expandable yabb mod that i wrote this (months ago). this mod remembers each members collapsed/expanded settings.

i don't think (?) that expandable yabb ever got updated after the first release... (correct me if i'm wrong please)

IP Logged

Michael
God Member

Recursion \Re*cur"sion\,
n. - See recursion.

Reply #6 - Apr 18th, 2002 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Yeah, expandable sux0red (for me anyways, no offense to Samm), it wasn't really expandable. But yes, it was updated to SP1.

~ Michael ~
-------------
The MikeCam
A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn.
IP Logged

itswheelie

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #7 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 5:34am
Print Post  
@snYpir - Can you give me an idea of he mods that might not be compatible with this one please.

These mods all alter Boardindex.pl

Advanced IMBox
Global Moderator
Board+Cat Options

Will they cause problems?

IP Logged

snYpir

Yo' all

Reply #8 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 6:16am
Print Post  
Advanced IMBox and Global Moderator - guarenteed no problems (i use them as well).

Board+Cat Options - i just looked at the mod file for it and it conflicts on the install - but it looks like nothing too major.

i will have a fiddle with it now to see if i can resolve the conflict somehow, give me 5.

IP Logged

itswheelie

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #9 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 6:26am
Print Post  
@snYpir - one more question:  Is it possible to add an icon before each forum that displays if there are unread threads in that category?  No big deal if it can't.  Looks a great mod Smiley

thanks

IP Logged

snYpir

Yo' all

Reply #10 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 6:49am
Print Post  
below is a link to version 1.1 B+C OPTS, which in short will work with the more board and category options mod by cae.

http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/snYpir/collapsable_frontend_b+c_opts.mod

of couse cae's mod must be installed first Wink

i just installed both on a test board and it works with no conflicts... i think. board/category icons work fine, as do board passwords.

the two mods install in a very tight space actually Roll Eyes

with regards to the icon for unread threads in a category - i assume you mean a 'new threads' icon at the category level, so if there are unread threads then if the cat is collapsed then the member will know about the unread threads.

yes, it is possible. it shouldn't be that hard.

if i get a chance this weekend, i'll look at it. sounds like a great idea.

please let me know if this b + c opts version installs and works ok on your board Undecided

IP Logged

snYpir

Yo' all

Reply #11 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 7:58am
Print Post  
itswheelie - it was easy Wink

here is version 1.2 b+c opts, please try it out:

<< link moved to first post >>

it uses the normal 'new post' icon that boards use, except it places it beside the category name.

it looks sorta funny when the category has an icon, however.

please - suggestions! should i remove the '<<' and '>>' from around the category name?

or should i use the 'new' icon (used for new threads) instead of the glowing folder icon...? that way there would be no icon showing unless there are new messages in one of the boards in a collapsed category.

what do you think?
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2002 at 12:47am by snYpir »  
IP Logged

itswheelie

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #12 - Apr 19th, 2002 at 11:20am
Print Post  
Well the good news is that it works a treat on my board but the bad news is that I don't have the more board + cat options mod installed yet.

I have the advanced IMbox mod and the Global Moderator mod installed and was intending to install the more board + cat options mod an that is why I asked.

Unfortunately the temptation to try this mod was too great so I've tried it first and it's great Smiley

I don't mind the <<   >>  around the Category names but an icon in front of the category names signifying if there are/are not unread posts in that category (like in the expandable yabb mod) would be nice Smiley

Excellent work on this mod snYpir, thanks

IP Logged

Yngwiedis

Yngwie Rules !!!!!!

Reply #13 - Apr 20th, 2002 at 12:20am
Print Post  
When i install this mod in my forum the BoardIndex is displaying only the links in the top but no boards  Sad

I Learn Fast Smiley
IP Logged

snYpir

Yo' all

Reply #14 - Apr 20th, 2002 at 12:34am
Print Post  
itswheelie - version 1.2 (available at the first post) has icons showing whether or not there are new messages appear in a category. The icons do not show if a category is expanded, obviously because members can simply look at the 'new message' icons for individual boards.

Yngwiedis - do you mean when you click on the category name nothing happens? When you click on a category name the category should expand and show you that categories boards.

is everyone cool with the '<<' and '>>' around the category names?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
Send TopicPrint