Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Recent forum posts on a web page. (Read 9496 times)
Prophet

Re: Recent forum posts on a web page.
Reply #15 - May 26th, 2002 at 10:40am
Print Post  
I had the same problem. I was able to make Headlines.pl work (after i realized that i do have to open the file and change the setting to use .cgi board version instead of .pl hehe...) but I couldnt include it to another page.

Workaround was to include it in a iframe. It wont work in all browsers but thats the best i was able to make out. If you dont want anything to show to  users whos browser dont support iframe just leave out that stuff inside iframe tags. Or you can also make a popup opener there and show headlines in a smaller window for non iframe-users.

[code]
<iframe bgcolor="#000033" src="/cgi-bin/Headlines.pl" width="150" height="200" frameborder="0">
<font color="#000000"><a href="/cgi-bin/Headlines.pl">View the hedlines</a></font>
</iframe>
[/code]

thats my 2 cents for yabb modders.  ;)

IP Logged

Saikosys

just a n00b :(

Re: Recent forum posts on a web page.
Reply #16 - Aug 14th, 2002 at 9:56pm
Print Post  
I use the print headlines mod on YaBB Gold SP 1.1 but can't get it working. I have the following error when running the Headlines.pl directly (e.g. typing the url "www.mysite.com/cgi/heading.pl" in the adres bar:

Quote:
Software error:
Can't locate http://xxxx.xxx/cgi-bin/Settings.pl in @INC (@INC contains: c:/Perl/lib c:/Perl/site/lib .) at http://xxxx.xxx/cgi-bin/Headlines.pl line 6.
For help, please send mail to this site's webmaster, giving this error message and the time and date of the error.

(where XXX is my url)

But the settings.pl IS in the right directory I'm 100% sure of it... could this be because of the WIN2000 server aw well? (i don't know what server they are using to host)

When used in an shtml doc all there is is a blank space as if there was no information retrieved.

Btw I can't get any other list recent topic mods to work Cry