Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Super Instant Messaging System [ *FINAL* ] (Read 42255 times)
Starmartyr

Embrace the Beats

Re: Super Instant Messaging System [ *FINAL* ]
Reply #60 - Oct 17th, 2001 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
So far it looks awesome, but I have a couple problems.

1. When I visit my "Profile" page everything is blank. I had to re-enter all of the information again. When I checked my Profile again the following day all information was lost. Why? What causes this?

2. After viewing messages from my POP3 account there is no button to take me back to instant messaging. It seems that I must go back to my "home" and click on instant messaging there to continue. Can you create a button/link for this on all pages?

3. When using a smiley it only posts the code and not the image. Why?

These are just a couple things I have seen so far. I will continue reporting others as I find them. I think you and the others who helped deserve a lot of credit and I applaud all for making YaBB this much better than the other forum programs. Grin Grin

IP Logged

StarSaber

There's no such thing
as a secret. God will
always know the "Secret".

Reply #61 - Oct 17th, 2001 at 11:54pm
Print Post  
Arg... I hate bugs. Anyone feel up to the chanlange of fixing them?! I am exremely busy.

1. This mod has nothing to do with that.

2. There is a link at the top of each page (by your logo and stuff) that says something like: Hey, StarSaber, you have 15 messages.

3. Simple bug to fix. But I donno why it is showing it that way... I musta did that for adding stuff to the outbox and it didn't go back after or whatever.

Well, I'll fix the bugs when I find time I was up 'till 2 last night deleting mess off of my server. Now with the program I'm making, that just adds to the work.

I'm an adict. Smiley And happy of it!
Adicted to Jesus. Smiley

God don't make trash. Smiley
http://mb.jesusfreakarmy.com

^^ MY MESSAGE BOARD -- FOR THOSE THAT DIDN'T KNOW. Wink

AIM  
IP Logged

Starmartyr

Embrace the Beats

Reply #62 - Oct 18th, 2001 at 3:00am
Print Post  
Okay. Found out one thing. The data when input into the 'Profile' page does get input into the .dat file but it does not get reprinted into the 'Profile' when visiting it again. How can I fix this, anyone?

Yes, I understand you can link back to the IM home but is it possible to have a button implemented? I could probably do this but could you input it for next version? I'll try this for mine if I can create the button following yours.

Also, how about adding the 'delete' 'reply' 'forward' 'print' bar to the bottom of the page so when you receive a long e-mail or message the option of doing such will be easier to get to. Just a thought. I will try and do for mine.

IP Logged

iamdamnsam

Its not what you BUY,
Its what you BUILD

Reply #63 - Oct 18th, 2001 at 9:55am
Print Post  
Ok, If I delete messages in my inbox, they go to the outbox.  If I delete them from there, they go back to the inbox.

Any idea?

It does this with the message move addon.  Am I the only one that gets this?

RamchargerCentral.Com - Community Center for all Mopar Trucks
http://ramchargercentral.com
WWWICQ  
IP Logged

StarSaber

There's no such thing
as a secret. God will

Reply #64 - Oct 18th, 2001 at 11:51am
Print Post  
Donno about delete == move.... hrmmm...

The other stuff, I'll do in an upcoming service pack. I thought the mod was really ready... lol. It's good and all, just a little buggy I guess. But like I said, I don't have time to work on it. I have a 2 week break from everything and I am using that time for stuff beyond the YaBB boards. I'm making StarSabers a new site. As you can see when you go to http://starsabers.swsource.net you get my message board. I will be replacing that with a kewl hang out for all you peepz (and hopefully a lot of you will go to it... Smiley).

Adicted to Jesus. Smiley

AIM  
IP Logged

IceCubes4Fun

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #65 - Oct 19th, 2001 at 8:12am
Print Post  
I have the same issue with the delete moving the messages to the opposite folder but let me explain further, this only happens when you check the box to delete messages from the in or outbox without opening them. If you open them and read them and select delete while the message is open then delete works just fine.

IP Logged

iamdamnsam

Its not what you BUY,
Its what you BUILD

Reply #66 - Oct 19th, 2001 at 9:01am
Print Post  

IceCubes4Fun wrote on Oct 19th, 2001 at 8:12am:
I have the same issue with the delete moving the messages to the opposite folder but let me explain further, this only happens when you check the box to delete messages from the in or outbox without opening them. If you open them and read them and select delete while the message is open then delete works just fine.

That is what mine does too.  I just removed the checkbox move addon and it works just fine.

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

StarSaber_Cookies_GONE

Reply #67 - Oct 19th, 2001 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
I'll fix it pretty soon. I am still working on that other site (or perl program) -- getting ejdmoo to do a good layout... I liked the menu, just the other stuff was jacked up.

I hope to work on it more before school starts back (I have a 2 week Oct./Fall Break -- some kids had to go to Oct. School... LoLz)...

So, I have one more week to go. I just reinstalled Windows on this comp, am planing on getting XP soon so that may delay things even more.

So don't be looking too forward to having it bug free for about another week to three weeks.

IP Logged

iamdamnsam

Its not what you BUY,
Its what you BUILD

Reply #68 - Oct 22nd, 2001 at 9:12am
Print Post  
I am having IM notification problems.  It seems that the only time it works is if the user sending you the IM has notification turned on.  Then it will email you, but only with the message, no date subject or user.  Is anyone else having this prob?

WWWICQ  
IP Logged

StarSaber

There's no such thing
as a secret. God will

Reply #69 - Oct 23rd, 2001 at 11:38am
Print Post  
Well... I never knew that was the problem. Tongue You figured it out it looks like.

I'll work on it when the other site is done (won't be untill AT LEAST Friday).

http://starsabers.swsource.net/cgi-bin/site/site.pl (note, I have all the newest updates that are 1000% cooler over here on Localhost... Wink).

Adicted to Jesus. Smiley

AIM  
IP Logged

Milka_Kuh

Em Heset net Amun!

Reply #70 - Oct 24th, 2001 at 11:53pm
Print Post  
http://boardmod.xnull.com/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=modbugs&action=display&num=10037184...

If the sender has IM notification turned on.  Then it will email you. But the script looks at the imconfig of the sender and not oft the Recipient.

Please help.

IP Logged

prozac

Reply #71 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 1:34am
Print Post  
is it me or is starsabber's site down?

IP Logged

Starmartyr

Embrace the Beats

Reply #72 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 3:36am
Print Post  
Nope.  It's down, though he might be updating things.  Who knows.  So many viruses going around the net right now anything is possible.

IP Logged

bmxpert

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

Reply #73 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 3:53am
Print Post  
it's been down all day Sad.

-Curt
Don't think that because I smile I'm happy, I burn on the inside loathing as I battle my need to cry against my will. I hide my pain as my ignorance feeds my anger and the lonelyness blackens my heart.

IP Logged

StarSaber

There's no such thing
as a secret. God will

Reply #74 - Oct 26th, 2001 at 7:21am
Print Post  
Confirmed

The site has been down probably all day. It's going to be down untill around 9:00 (MST) or sooner / later. It's being (it being the server) is being phisicly moved to a new location.

Sorry for the little inconvenionce... I can't really do anything about it. Sad Sorry. All I can do is sit, hope, and wait. Smiley

I've already been blessed with a server with unlimited Bandwidth, Space, everything for free, so this minor little thing isn't much in comparison to that.

God Bless,
Starry

(Kewl how God let us get the server because he knew one day we'll be using it for something other than Gaming... Smiley... I love Jesus!)

Adicted to Jesus. Smiley

AIM  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 
Send TopicPrint