Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Uploadable Photo Album (Read 116811 times)
Mike Bobbitt

Re: Uploadable Photo Album
Reply #300 - Jun 10th, 2003 at 12:59pm
Print Post  
Nice work! Looks like your self taught Perl lessons are working out!

I'd love to see the code, there's a "Tips and Tricks" board in the album.pl forums that is set up just for stuff like this.

Thanks for the work, I'm sure others will appreciate it!

Mike Bobbitt
Army.ca
IP Logged

jasonl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #301 - Jun 11th, 2003 at 7:58am
Print Post  
I have it working so the user will see a create photo album in the edit profile page.  The link takes them to the upload form in album.pl.

Once they create the album by uploading the first picture they will now see a link in hte edit profile that says "upload pictures to photo album" and a link that says " view photo album" in place of the creat album link.

I will release the code once i figure out how to get the album directory to be set from the admin center instead of having it hardcoded to the profile.pl page.

also plan to some how incorperate the upload Avatar mod with this so the avatar is uploaded to the album.  Thay way the users pofile will have a thumb instead of the full size pic.

You can see what the profile looks like here by logging in with the user name john and the password john
http://www.dragdiva.com/cgi-bin/bbs/YaBB.cgi?

I plan to make it more visually appealing once i get everything figured out.

IP Logged

Mike Bobbitt

Reply #302 - Jun 11th, 2003 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
Excellent work! Thanks again for doing this!

Mike Bobbitt
Army.ca
IP Logged

jasonl

I love YaBB 1G - SP1.2!

Reply #303 - Jun 11th, 2003 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
No prob,I am doing my best Grin .  Please forgive me if it takes a while or if there are bugs in the code when it is done this while be my first attemtp at pearl.

Seems that a request like this has been up in the air for a while.  Everyone wants a album that is "In" YaBB.  Seems that it would make more sense to try and incorperate a great script that is already working then to write one from scratch.  I like the fact that it is stand alone from YaBB.  This way if YaBB has problems my album feature is still working.

IP Logged

Mike Bobbitt

Reply #304 - Jun 11th, 2003 at 10:53pm
Print Post  
...and vice versa... Wink Good point though... And don't worry about taking time, it can be tricky to get the details worked out.

Cheers

Mike Bobbitt
Army.ca
IP Logged

samir

You'll Never Walk Alone

Reply #305 - Jul 19th, 2003 at 7:53am
Print Post  
I take it this does not work for YaBB 1.3.1?

IP Logged

Mike Bobbitt

Reply #306 - Jul 19th, 2003 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
No, it works fine with 1.3.1. Are you having troubles?

Mike Bobbitt
Army.ca
IP Logged

Mike Bobbitt

Reply #307 - Oct 10th, 2003 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
V6.3 has been released. Download

New Features
  • You can now create links to photos in other albums. The new "Link" item on the admin menu allows you to create links to existing photos. Only the original photo exists, with links simply pointing to it. Useful for a "favourites" album, without keeping multiple copies of your photos.
  • Local templates now supported. Any template files found in an album directory will automatically be used for that album.
  • New buttons!
  • Added ssi=2 mode, which shows actual photos, not just thumbnails. (Good for use with random/slideshow features.)
  • Added support for YaBB SE 1.5.1+ password protection. Digest::HMAC_MD5 Perl module required.
  • Added ####NAVPREV####, ####NAVUP####, ####NAVNEXT#### and ####NAVJUMP#### tags, for extra granularity with the navigation footer. Updated album_footer.tml to use these tags.
  • Added ####MOVIESIZE#### tag for the upload form, to show the max allowed movie upload size.
  • Added "logout" button for flatfile authentication (type 1). Includes logout_button config item and thmb_album_logout.gif image.
  • The postupload command can now use all regular ####TAGS####. (Such as ####CONFIG=loggedin#### to show the logged in user's name.)
  • Improved cookie deletion (thanks Scouter!)
  • Additional check to prevent bogus config update added.
  • Tuned up album_test.pl.
  • Added new default_linkdir to allow fast linking.
  • Added new "delcookie" function to forcibly delete any album related cookies.

New Config Items
  • link_button: Filename of the "Link" button graphic.
  • default_linkdir: When added, clicking on the "link" button will auto create the link in this directory, instead of prompting the user for a destination (not present by default).
  • logout_button: Filename of the "Logout" button graphic
  • db_displaynamefield: Used to define the database field containing a user's display name. Optional.
  • movie_upload_size_limit: Allows admins to specify the max size for uploaded movies, separate from photos.

Bug Fixes
  • User edit no longer adds a blank line to the end of the list.
  • Nav "up" link now takes you up to the right page.
  • Album URLs are now properly escaped, allowing characters such as + in the album filenames.
  • Fixed flatfile password carryover problem.
  • Fixed ssi / authentication problem.
  • Fixed a bug where search results weren't displayed properly.
  • Fixed up static HTML to honour local configs.
  • Fixed broken movie links.

Files to replace
  • album.pl
  • album_test.pl
  • album_footer.tml
  • album_strings.txt (or appropriate language file)
  • Photo_Album.css

New files
  • thmb_album_link.gif

Enjoy!

Mike Bobbitt
Army.ca
IP Logged

Mike Bobbitt

Reply #308 - Mar 24th, 2004 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
After over 5 months of work, album.pl V6.4 has been released!

[ Download it here ]

For new users: install instructions
For existing users: upgrade instructions

Note that both processes have changed significantly in this release. V6.4 release notes follow:

V6.4

New Features

• Upgrading is now possible through the album.pl configuration menu. (All existing settings are merged with the new album.cfg.clean file.)
  • The album.pl breakup begins! The main album.pl file has been split into album_admin.pm.
  • Added thumbnail fading. (Thanks MessageDJ!)
  • Added compatibility with Simple Machines Forum.
  • Setting "default_guests" to "all" prohibits all non-admins from uploading. (I.E. all regular authenticated users are treated as guests.)
  • Uses first thumbnail in an album as the album thumb, if there isn't already one.
  • New ####CODE=[command]#### tag allows you to insert Perl code into your templates. Useful for changing the way album.pl runs, based on local or global template files.
  • You can now use URLs like .../album.pl?random=1;ssi=2;photo_height=150 to specify a height or width for SSI images.
  • album.pl no longer fails to run when "optional" Perl packages are missing such as MD5 or CGI::Cookie.
  • Enhanced album_test.pl to provide "usage notes" for any Perl packages that are missing (to help assess the impact of missing modules).
  • Updated templates, which now include code to honour "textmenu" settings.
  • Admins can now upload files larger than the posted limit.
  • Converted all included images to PNG format and created new album/photo/movie icons.
  • You can now specify a file size for pic_resize upload resizing.
  • Thumbnail borders are now "smarter."
  • Added "All" in pages section to show all images on a single page.
  • Added "showall=x" option for recent uploads to show "x" most recent uploads (default is 20).
  • Users are now forced to select an album on upload, as there is no album selected by default (per_member_upload excluded).
  • Moved the <form> tags outside of the ####UPLOAD#### tag, to allow admins to insert custom variables by editing the templates. Be sure to update album_upload.tml accordingly.
  • Debug info now shows module name.

New Config Items

• perl_gd: Allows the use of the Perl GD package to generate thumbnails. (Thanks to Daniel Hofverberg for the code!)
  • skipalbums: Allows you to define the name of directories to "hide." (I.E. directories matching this regular expression will not be displayed as albums.)
  • thumb_fading, fade_load, fade_to, fade_over, fade_out: Thumbnail fading settings.
  • representative_thumbnails: Uses the first thumbnail in an album as it's "representative" thumbnail.
  • allow_move: Allow/disallow users to move photos they upload.
  • allow_link: Allow/disallow users to link photos they upload.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug with shrouded images not doing proper referer checks.
  • Fixed a bug with text menus and albums showing a || inappropriately.
  • Fixed a bug where the user edit screen on the config screen would wreck auth_db.txt.
  • Fixed the way the "edit" menu works. The "stop" checkbox is now always shown, and uses on/off as the default depending on the context.
  • Quotes are now handled properly on the config screen.
  • Metacharaters in filenames no longer break ratings.

Mike Bobbitt
Army.ca
IP Logged

caliman
God Member

Swanky

Reply #309 - Mar 26th, 2004 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
Awesome Mike.  Smiley

IP Logged

spikeswife

Reply #310 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Does this require ImageMagick to work?

Spikeswife
IP Logged

caliman
God Member

Swanky

Reply #311 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 4:45am
Print Post  
spikeswife wrote on Jun 29th, 2004 at 12:55am:
Does this require ImageMagick to work?

To make the thumbnails, yes. I don't think it's required though.

IP Logged

Mike Bobbitt

Reply #312 - Jun 29th, 2004 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Right. Smiley It'll work fine without ImageMagick, but with it you can do neat things like resizing pics on upload, automatic thumbnails, or even watermarking your pics...

Cheers

Mike Bobbitt
Army.ca
IP Logged

Pneumo

Synthey kind of Fella
:)

Reply #313 - Jul 2nd, 2004 at 9:41pm
Print Post  
Mike ! you made it here ,ages ago by the looks of things Smiley anyhow evreybody i never realised this topic had reached 21 pages or so,. but i gotta tell you all i was using Gallery by Mike for AGES !  and its mint (ie) awesome, it works perfectly well with YaBB 1.3.1 , its best used alongside say "menu mod" cos then you can add a button in the menu easier ,but it accepts all log ins,ive used mikes gallery since version 4 Wink

IP Logged

Pneumo

Synthey kind of Fella
:)

Reply #314 - Jul 2nd, 2004 at 9:46pm
Print Post  
other neat tricks also include,. ability to select an image from a gallery to use as gallery icon, you can upload/download  virtualy any type of file,ability to set more than 1 admin,comments,ratings,.tons more. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 
Send TopicPrint